Home           About Us           Why Adopt?           Why Ethiopia?           Noonday Collection           Contact Us

10.22.2010

Matching Grant

We recently found out that we were awarded a matching grant through our church's adoption ministry (in partnership with Abba Fund). We are so thankful for this provision as it will greatly help us pay the remaining $15,000 or so that we still owe on our adoption. I was talking with someone recently who said, "We often see in adoption that God funds what he favors"- we have seen this first hand! We are overwhelmed and thankful.


Many of you have supported us with your t-shirt purchases. It's been so fun to see people wearing them and to know that there are so many of you that are supporting us, praying for us, and are genuinely excited for us. I can't even express how much this means... seriously, when I think about it, I can't help but cry. I can envision telling our children about this someday and sharing the outpouring of love and support that we received to help bring them home! We are humbled by your love and kindness to us.


Right now we are in the process of sending out support letters for the matching grant. If we raise $5,000, we will receive $5,000 in the form of a grant. The donations are tax-deductible and are sent to Abba Fund on our behalf. Abba Fund then sends the money to our adoption agency to be used as we have expenses. 


I hesitate sharing this information on our blog because I don't want to coerce anyone and I wouldn't want anyone to feel like they had to give, but I also know that many of you have a heart for orphans and for helping us build our family, and you may genuinely want to give. If you fall into this last category, you can send me an email (jones.saraj@gmail.com) with your address and I will send you a support letter. The letter includes instructions on how to give to us via Abba Fund. 


Whether you give or pray or wear a t-shirt, we are thankful. Adoption can be a lonely journey, but I can't imagine having a better support system than we've had!