Home           About Us           Why Adopt?           Why Ethiopia?           Noonday Collection           Contact Us

5.19.2010

Please, Buy This Music

We're always on the look out for new music and in past years have really enjoyed a lot of the groups that are bringing back some of the old hymns (Indelible Grace, Red Mountain Church, etc). When I was on iTunes recently, looking at new music from Sojourn, I saw a band called the Shelly Moore Band. I listened to the preview of a c.d. called A Hymn Project and was immediately hooked... the lyrics are great and the sound is amazing as well. You can preview the whole thing on iTunes or listen on their website. On iTunes, the c.d. is only around $6- you can't beat that! I rarely get this excited about any music, but this really is that good- you really need to buy the whole c.d.- have I said "really" enough? You won't be disappointed!


Here are some of the lyrics from one of the songs:


Jesus I am resting, resting
In the Joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart.
Thou hast bid me gaze upon Thee,
And Thy beauty fills my soul,
For by Thy transforming power
Thou hast made me whole.



Simply trusting Thee, Lord Jesus,
I behold Thee as Thou art,
And Thy love, so pure, so changeless,
Satisfies my heart;
Satisfies its deepest longings,
Meets supplies its every need,
Compasseth me round with blessings;
Thine is love indeed
!


3 comments:

Corrie and Phil said...

Just bought the album on ITunes. It's GREAT! Thanks for the recommendation. Keep 'em coming!!!

don and sara said...

Good! If you like that one, you should check out Sandra McCracken's album, The Builder and the Architect- that's an all time favorite over the past years.

Andy Culbertson said...

Hi guys! I just found your blog and read all the posts! I didn't know you were adopting. How exciting. :) I subscribed to your feed so I can keep up.

I love that hymn. My favorite recording of it is this one, with the same tune that the Shelly Moore Band uses: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/jesus-i-am-resting-resting/id31272312?i=31272284&ign-mpt=uo%3D6