Home           About Us           Why Adopt?           Why Ethiopia?           Noonday Collection           Contact Us

12.01.2010

Someone Made My Day...

There was no name on the package, so I can't even thank the sweet person who blessed my day and my entire Christmas season by leaving this special basket at my front door yesterday. I really can't describe how thankful I am or how meaningful this was to me. And since I can't thank the person or people involved in this, I'll just have to thank the Lord and pray that he gives this person an added blessing in their giving.

It's an advent basket with gifts to open each day from now until Christmas. I can't even imagine what's inside, and I can't wait to find out... and I think Don's just as excited about it as I am!



The first gift from today was an advent calendar. Isn't it beautiful? I can't wait to hang it in the house and use it to count down the days! It's going to be special to us this year, but I'm sure it's going to be even more fun to use with our children some day!


Each day has a verse tucked inside of it to help us rejoice in the birth of Christ this season. I'm so thankful for this gift and pray that God truly does use it to help us rejoice in Him this Christmas! 

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Wow! What an amazing gift! And that advent calendar is so cool! We just started one with the girls last year. They love eating their Hershey Kisses out of the little doors every day. :)I think I'm going to put verses in for each day this year too. What a great idea! Keep sharing any other neat gifts you get to open (and I can totally see Don being excited about it too).

Rachel Jones said...

That is SO sweet - love every little detial of the basket too! What a sweet blessing!!!

Rochelle said...

What a great gift and blessing! I'm sure you guys will enjoy it. We look forward with you to seeing more of what's inside. :) Merry Christmas!!